Raven Aton - ATON.OF.LOVE
CHILAQUILES WITH FRIED EGGS & TOMATILLO SALSA
This recipe shocked me at how delicious it is! Even Joe said it was amazing & finished off the plate. I went the easy route & bought pre-made tortilla chips from the bakery. I also purchased pre-made queso & just warmed it in the microwave. I hope you love it as much as we do!
4 CUPS TOMATILLOS, PEELED FROM HUSK
4 GARLIC CLOVES, PEELED
1 SMALL ONION, CHOPPED
3 SERRANO CHILES
1 CUP WATER
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
2 TABLESPOONS VEGETABLE OIL
1. In a blender, puree the tomatillos, garlic, onion, chiles, water, and salt until smooth. Heat the oil in your cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, then add the puree -- it will splatter, so be careful. Cook until heated through, 3-4 minutes. Keep warm until needed.
2-3 TABLESPOONS VEGTABLE OIL
12 (6 INCH) CORN TORTILLAS I JUST PURCHASED BAKERY TORTILLA CHIPS
1/2 CUP GRATED QUESO FRESCO
1/2 CUP GOAT CHEESE, CRUMBLED I USED PRE-MADE QUESO WARMED
2 TABLESPOONS UNSALTED BUTTER IN THE MICROWAVE TO SAVE TIME
6 LARGE EGGS
2. Heat the oil in cast iron on medium-high heat. When the oil is almost smoking, add the tortillas, breaking them apart and cook, stirring, until crispy. Drain any excess oil from the skillet.
3. Add the quest fresco and 1/2 cup goat cheese, and mix lightly. Reduce heat to low.
4. Melt the butter over the surface of the skillet. Break eggs, making sure not to pop the yolk. Keep them sunny side up.
6 TABLESPOONS CRUMBLED GOAT CHEESE
12 SMALL SPRINGS FRESH CILANTRO
5. Just before the eggs finish cooking, prepare the plate. Place a portion of the chips into the tomatillo salsa. Coat chips and remove from the mixture. Once back on the plate drizzle warmed quest. Add eggs on top and sprinkle with goat cheese, cilantro, and avocado to liking,
6. Serve with lime wedges if desired.