Raven Aton - ATON.OF.LOVE
One Pan Stir Fry
Updated: Apr 1, 2020
Since I've started on this Dave Ramsey kick we are cutting out fast food, or rather eating out in general. I'm not going to lie it hasn't been easy at all and the first week I had McDonald's cravings like crazy! So I have spent my time scrolling through Pinterest & my cookbooks (yes, I still have cookbooks lol) trying to find recipes that are new and tasty.
One Pan Stir Fry OR as Joe refers to it as "Stir Bake" is a super simple recipe and delicious. Plus this recipe only gets one pan dirty and that my friends is a win in my book.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1lb CHICKEN BREASTS
2 RED BELL PEPPERS
1 WHITE ONION
1 HEAD OF BROCCOLI
1 CUP SUGAR SNAP PEAS
NATURE'S SEASONS SEASONING BLEND (MORTON BRAND)
"SLAP YA MAMA" CAJUN SEASONING (WALKER & SONS BRAND)
SALT & PEPPER, TO TASTE
FOR THE SAUCE:
4 CLOVES OF GARLIC
2 TBSP PANDA EXPRESS KUNG PAO SAUCE
2 TSP GINGER
4 TBSP HONEY
1/2 CUP LOW-SODIUM SOY SAUCE
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Rinse the chicken breasts and cut into 1-inch pieces.
3. Chop 1 large head of broccoli (about 2 cups.)
4. Chop 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks.
5. Chop 1 white onion, cut into chunks.
6. Place foil over baking sheet or spray with PAM, and spread chicken and chopped vegetables on baking sheet.
7. Dust chicken and vegetables with salt & pepper to taste. Add "Slap Ya Mama" & Nature's Seasons to taste if desired.
PLACE TO THE SIDE & MAKE SAUCE
1. In a small saucepan, heat soy sauce, kung pao sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger on medium heat & bring to a boil.
2. Turn down heat and allow sauce to simmer, whisking until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Drizzle sauce over baking sheet chicken and vegetables (mix together.)
5. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, continue cooking until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
ENJOY OVER WHITE OR JASMINE RICE
(I am not a food photographer...the photo associated with this post is not MY stir fry)